Eleven Audio Formula S
Reference Headphone Amplifier
The Eleven Audio Formula S is a technological tour de force. It is a dual mono solid state amplifier which delivers stunning speed and clarity, with hard hitting bass and drums and beautifully smooth tube-like decay to cymbals and string instruments.
The Formula S was specifically designed for the ABYSS AB-1266 Phi CC so that this headphone’s resolution and musical abilities could be realizsed. However that does not mean that it should only be used with Abyss AB-1266 headphones. The fact that it was designed to drive such a demanding and resolving headphone means that this amplifier will work its magic on ANY full-size high-performance headphone.
It’s compact size also means that it takes up less real estate on your desktop and it can be upgraded by simply adding the Eleven Audio Powerman external power supply.
How do you describe its sound?
Impeccable balance, smooth and clear to the source, excellent bass definition, highly refined, detailed yet full sound with plenty of harmonic richness approaching that of a high-performance tube amp. It is a true connoisseur’s destination headphone amplifier. Excellence personified.
- Full Class A output for smooth powerful sound.
- High quality design and components throughout.
- All aluminum construction with durable beaded finish and permanent laser markings.
- Provides three of the most popular output connections for high performance headphones, 1/4″ (6.3 mm), 4 pin XLR, and dual 3 pin XLR.
- High quality ALPS volume control goes from ‘zero to Eleven’.
- Fully regulated power supplies.
- Output protection and turn-on/turn-off delay keeps your high-end headphone investment safe.
- Single set of inputs wired direct to the volume control with JPS Labs Alumiloy® wire, no switches or extra circuit paths. Choose XLR or RCA inputs.
- Designed with the ABYSS AB-1266 planar headphone for high resolution playback and ultimate bass control with the most demanding headphones.
- Circular connector for connection to Powerman external power supply upgrade.
|Item||Reference Headphone Amplifier|
|Input Z||10 Kohms|
|Input Sensitivity||1000 mV|
|Input Connections||XLR or RCA|
|Output||6W @ 16 ohms|
|Output Connections||1/4″ (6.3 mm)
4 pin XLR
Dual 3 pin XLR
|Gain||Selectable 10 dB (Low) / 16 dB (High)|
|THD||0.0006% @ 300 mW, distortion character compensated for high-end music playback|
|Noise floor||-110 dBV|
|Power||100-115VAC/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz (Switchable) input selector with standard grounded IEC AC cord socket
Standard IEC C13 AC cable not included
|Dimensions||240mm (W) x 293mm (D) x 130mm (H)|
|Weight||4.8 kg (10.5 lbs)|
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for the ABYSS AB-1266 headphone